Arthur Henry Adams (6 December 1872 - 4 March 1936) was a New Zealand poet, novelist, and journalist. He started his career in New Zealand, though he spent most of it in Australia, and for short times resided in China and London.
In 1900 Adams travelled to China to cover the Boxer Rebellion as a journalist for the Sydney Morning Herald and several New Zealand papers, later returning to New Zealand.
- Maoriland, and other verses. Sydney: Bulletin Newspaper Co. 1899.
- The Nazarene: A study of a man. London: Phillip Wellby, 1902.
- London Streets. London & Edinburgh: T.N. Foulis, 1906.
- Collected Verses. Melbourne: Whitcombe & Tombs, 1913.
- My Friend Remember! Lines written on reading Lissauer’s "Chant of Hate". Sydney: Angus & Robertson, 1914.
- In Memoriam Anzac Day April 25th 1916. Sydney: S.T. Leigh, 1916.
- Three Plays for the Australian Stage. Sydney: William Brooks, 1914.
- Tussock Land: A romance of New Zealand and the Commonwealth. London: T. Fisher Unwin, 1904.
- Galahad Jones. London & New York: John Lane, 1910.
- A Touch of Fantasy: A romance for those who are lucky enough to wear glasses. London and New York: John Lane, 1912.
- The Knight and the Motor Launch. Sydney: N.S.W. Bookstall, 1913.
- Grocer Greatheart: A tropical romance. London and New York, Lane, 1915.
- Honeymoon Dialogues (as "Henry James James"). London: Everleigh, Nash, 1916; **reprinted as Double-Bed Dialogues. Sydney: N.S.W. Bookstall, 1917.
- New York: E.P. Dutton, 1921.
- The Australians. London: Everleigh Nash, 1920.
- Lola of the Chocolates (as "James James"). London: Hurst & Blackett, 1920.
- Guide Book to Women (as "James James"). New York: E. P. Dutton, 1921.
- The Brute. London: Everleigh Nash, 1922.
- A Man's Life. London: Everleigh, Nash & Grayson, 1929.
- The New Chum, and other stories. Sydney: N.S.W Bookstall, 1909.
Except where noted, bibliographical information courtesy Kirstine Moffatt.
See also Edit
- List of Australian poets
- List of New Zealand poets
- List of English-language playwrights
- List of literary critics
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Australian Poets and Their Works, by William Wilde. Oxford University Press, 1996.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Template:Cite Americana
- ↑ Search results = au:Arthur Henry Adams, WorldCat, OCLC Online Computer Library Center Inc. Web, Dec. 18, 2013.
- ↑ Kirstine Moffat, "[ojs.victoria.ac.nz/kotare/article/download/706/517 Artthur H. Adams, 1872-1935", Kotare 7:3 (2008), 73-89. Web, Dec. 18, 2013.
- Arthur Henry Adams at Sonnet Central.
- Arthur H. Adams (1872-1936) at the Australian Poetry Library (59 poems).
- Arthur Henry Adams at PoemHunter (73 poems)
- Arthur Henry Adams at Amazon.com
- Serle, Percival (1949). "Adams, Arthur Henry". Dictionary of Australian Biography. Sydney: Angus and Robertson. http://gutenberg.net.au/dictbiog/0-dict-biogA.html#adams1.
- Adams, Arthur Henry (1872–1936) in the Australian Dictionary of Biography.
- Arthur Henry Adams in Te Ara, Encyclopedia of New Zealand
- Adams, Arthur Henry (1872–1936), Sydney Morning Herald, at Obituaries Australia
- AustLit entry - detailed biographical information on Adams
- Arthur H. Adams (1872-1935), Essays in New Zealand Literary Biography.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. (view article). (view authors).|