He worked as a journalist for the Winnipeg Free Press and Vancouver Sun (1968-1982). From 1985 to 1997 he was the editor of The Beaver: Canada's history magazine.
He toured with the Royal Winnipeg Ballet (RWB) through Greece and Egypt in 1984, covering the RWB for CBC radio and Canadian newspapers. He later wrote a book on the RWB, Dancing Through Time (Portage & Main, 1990).
Dafoee was awarded the medal of the Manitoba Historical Society in 2000 for his 1998 book, Winnipeg: Gateway to the West.
- The Frog Galliard: A play in one act. Toronto: Playwrights Co-op, 1978.
- The Molsheim Meadowlark: The unlived life of opera diva Merda Bumberger. Winnipeg, MB: Great Plains, 2000.
- Dancing Through Time: The first fifty years of Canada's Royal Winnipeg Ballet. Winnipeg, MB: Portage & Main Press, 1990.
- Winnipeg: Gateway to the West. Winnipeg, MB: Great Plains, 1998.
- also published as Winnipeg: Heart of the Continent. Manitoba, MB: Great Plains, 1998.
- In Search of Canada: The early years of John Wesley Dafoe. Winnipeg, MB: Great Plains, 2014.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Dafoe, Christopher, ABCBookWorld. Web, Jan. 28, 2013.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Biographical information," Selected Poetry of Christopher Dafoe (1936-), Representative Poetry Online, University of Toronto, UToronto.ca, Web, Nov. 19, 2011.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Christopher Dafoe, Narrator, Sweet Mystery. Web, Jan. 28, 2013.
- ↑ Christopher Dafoe, (1936-), "Forty Below," Representative Poetry Online, University of Toronto, UToronto.ca, Web, Nov. 19, 2011.
- ↑ "Lewis Stubbs, "Review: Christopher Dafoe, Winnipeg: Gateway to the West", Manitoba History, Number 37 (Spring / Summer 1999), Manitoba Historical Society, Web, Nov. 19, 2011.
- ↑ Search results = au:Christoper Dafoe, WorldCat, OCLC Online Computer Library Center Inc. Web, Apr. 3, 2017.
- Christopher Dafoe at Amazon.com
|Original Penny's Poetry Pages article, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0.|
- This is a signed article by User:George Dance. It may be edited for spelling errors or typos, but not for substantive content except by its author. If you have created a user name and verified your identity, provided you have set forth your credentials on your user page, you can add comments to the bottom of this article as peer review.