Arnold entered Merchant Taylors' School in 1723. The belief that he became one of the ushers in the school is incorrect.
In the latter part of his life he was beadle to the Worshipful Company of Distillers.
- Distress: A poetical essay. London: J. Swan, 1750.
- Commerce: A poem. London: Daniel Brown for Robert Dodsley, et al, 1751.
- The Mirror: A poetical essay. London: 1755.
- Poems on Several Occasions. London: 1757.
Cooper, Thompson (1885) "Arnold, Cornelius" in Stephen, Leslie Dictionary of National Biography 02 London: Smith, Elder, p. 109 Wikisource, Web, Apr. 20, 2016.
- "The Mirror; A poetical essay"
- Cornelius Arnold at PoemHunter (30 poems)
- Cornelius Arnold at AllPoetry (32 poems)
This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain, the Dictionary of National Biography (edited by Leslie Stephen). London: Smith, Elder, 1885-1900. Original article is at: "Arnold, Cornelius"