The son of Jewish immigrants, Burt grew up in South Philadelphia where his father was a butcher. He he attended a local Catholic college before reading English at St. John's College, Cambridge. He then studied law at Yale University, and practiced law in the United States, United Kingdom, and Saudi Arabia.
- Searched for Text (pamphlet). Manchester, UK: Lintott Press, 2008.
- Cold Eye (with Paul Hodgson). London: Marlborough Graphics / Manchester, UK: Lintott Press, 2010.
- We Look Like This. Manchester, UK, & Chicago: Carcanet, 2012.
- Salvage at Twilight. Manchester, UK: Carcanet, 2019.
- You Think it Strange: A memoir. Notting Hill Editions, 2013.
- Certain Windows: Poems and prose. Manchester, UK: , 2011.
- Audio / video
- Dan Burt (b. 1942) at The Poetry Archive
- [https://www.google.ca/#q=Dan+Burt+poems+youtube Dan Burt at YouTube
- Dan Burt at Amazon.com
|Original Penny's Poetry Pages article, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0.|
- This is a signed article by User:George Dance. It may be edited for spelling errors or typos, but not for substantive content except by its author. If you have created a user name and verified your identity, provided you have set forth your credentials on your user page, you can add comments to the bottom of this article as peer review.