Dame was born in Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania. For many years, she and her husband, poet Donald Lev, lived in Brooklyn and in High Falls, New York, where they edited and published the literary tabloid Home Planet News. She was on the faculty of the New Jersey Institute of Technology and Rutgers University in New Brunswick, where she served as Associate Director of the Writing Program.
Dame's poems explored themes of urban life, Jewish history and identity, and political activism. She examined contemporary women's lives in persona poems that take on the voice of Eve, Lilith, or other woman from Jewish tradition. These poems often locate a kernel of feminist rebellion in familiar Biblical stories.
- Interesting Times. New York: Published by X-press Press for the Downtown Poets Co-op, 1978.
- Between Revolutions. New York: Published by X-press Press for the Downtown Poets Co-op, 1979.
- On the Road to Damascus, Maryland. New York: Downtown Poets, 1980.
- Confessions. Merrick, NY: Cross-Cultural Communications, 1982.
- Lilith and Her Demons. Merrick, NY: Cross-Cultural Communications, 1986.
- Anything You Don't See. Albuquerque, NM: West End Press, 1992.
- Stone Shekhina: Poems. East Hampton, NY: Three Mile Harbor, 2002.
- Where is the Woman? Letters and poems from California, July & August 2003. Woodstock, NY: Shivastan, 2006.
- Which Lilith? Feminist writers reconstruct the first woman (edited with Lilly Rivlin & Henny Wenkart). Northvale, NJ: Jason Aronson, 1998.
- Poets on the Psalms featuring Enid Dame (edited by Lynn Domina). Trinity University Press, 2008
- ↑ Friends of Rutgers - A Newsletter for Alumni and Friends of the Department of English
- ↑ Enid Jacobs Dame: Selected poems and Biographical introduction
- ↑ Project MUSE
- ↑ http://bit.ly/qqykbd
- ↑ Search results = au:Enid Dame, WorldCat, OCLC Online Computer Libary Center Inc. Web, June 22, 2014.
- 3 Enid Dame Poems
- The Poems of Enid Jacobs Dame: Selected poems and biographical introduction.
- Poems by Enid Dame
- Audio / video
- Enid Dame at Amazon.com
- In Memorial to Enid Dame
- Poets Enid Dame and Donald Lev
- Honoring Enid Dame at Rutgers
- Enid Dame Tribute Site, NJIT
- "Enid Dame's Householdry" by Burt Kimmelman, in Rain Taxi (Summer 2009)