She was executive editor of Poet Lore from 1994 to 2000. and has taught workshops for the Writer’s Center in Bethesda, Maryland, the Maryland Poetry-in-the-Schools Program, and the Writing Seminars at the Johns Hopkins University.
Her work has appeared in many magazines and journals including Poetry, Chelsea, The Gettysburg Review, The Georgia Review, and Shenandoah, and in the anthology Boomer Girls: Poems by women from the baby boom generation.
Her honors include 2 National Endowment for the Arts Creative Writing Fellowships, the Carolyn Kizer prize from Poetry Northwest, a Maryland Arts Council Fellowship, the Margaret Bridgman Fellowship to Breadloaf, and the National Ekphrastic Poetry Competition Prize.
- The Red Room: Poems. Meadville, PA: Heatherstone Press, 1988.
- Food for the Winter: Poems. West Lafayette, IN: Purdue University Press, 1990.
- Province of Fire. Oak Ridge, TN: Iris Press, 1998.
- Hand of the Wind: Poems. Oak Ridge, TN: Iris Press, 2009.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Geraldine Connolly b. 1947, Poetry Foundation. Web, Sep. 11, 2016.
- ↑ About the Author, "The Summer I was Sixteen," Poetry 180, Library of Congress. Web, Sep. 11, 2016.
- ↑ Geraldine Connolly, Iris Press. Web, Sep. 11, 2016.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Geraldine Connolly, American Poems. Web, Sep. 11, 2016.
- ↑ Search results = au:Geraldine Connolly, WorldCat, OCLC Online Computer Library Center Inc. Web, Sep. 11, 2016.
- "The Summer I was Sixteen" at Poetry 180
- Geraldine Connolly b. 1947 at the Poetry Foundation
- Geraldine Connolly at American Poems (3 poems)
- Geraldine Connolly at PoemHunter (10 poems)
- Geraldine Connolly at Amazon.com
- Geraldine Connolly at Iris Press
|Original Penny's Poetry Pages article, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0.|
- This is a signed article by User:George Dance. It may be edited for spelling errors or typos, but not for substantive content except by its author. If you have created a user name and verified your identity, provided you have set forth your credentials on your user page, you can add comments to the bottom of this article as peer review.