Grace Bauer is an American poet and academic.
She has taught since 1994 at the University of Nebraska, Lincoln, where she serves as Coordinator of Creative Writing and as a reader for Prairie Schooner. Bauer has been published in DoubleTake, Poetry, South Dakota Review, Michigan Quarterly Review, Southern Poetry Review, New Orleans Review, and elsewhere.
She lives in Nebraska.
Her awards include an Individual Artist's Grant from the Virginia Commission for the Arts, a Diggs Teaching Scholar Award and Women's Research Institute Grant from Virginia Tech, the Irene Leache Poetry Prize, a Nebraska Arts Council Award, and fellowships from the Virginia Center for the Creative Arts. She also won the 1999 Snail's Pace Press Chapbook Competition)
- Where You've Seen Her (chapbook). Santa Fe, NM: Pennywhistle Press, 1993.
- The House Where I've Never Lived: Poems (chapbook). North Point, FL: Anabiosis Press, 1993.
- The Women at the Well Pems and a revelation. New Orleans, LA: Portals Press, 1997.
- Field Guide to the Ineffable: Poems on Marcel Duchamp (chapbook). Cambridge, NY: Snail's Pace Press, 2000.
- Beholding Eye. Cincinnati, OH: CustomWords, 2006.
- Retreats and Recognitions. Sandpoint, ID: Lost Horse Press, 2007.
- Cafe Culture. Imaginary Friend Press, 2013.
- Nowhere All at Once. Nagodoches, TX: Stephen F. Austin State University Press, 2014.
- Umpteen Ways Of Looking At A Possum: Creative and critical responses to Everette Maddox (edited with Julie Kane). New Orleans, LA: Xavier Review Press, 2006.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Grace Bauer, Nebraska Center for Writers, Creighton University, Web, Aug. 5, 2012.
- ↑ Grace Bauer Professor, Department of English, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, UNL.edu, Web, Aug. 5, 2012.
- ↑ Grace Bauer, Poets & Writers. Web, Aug. 27, 2015.
- ↑ Search results = au:Grace Bauer, WorldCat, OCLC Online Computer Library Center Inc. Web, Aug. 27, 2015.
- "Against Lawn"
- "Oldies but Goodies"
- "Corson's Inlet" (text & audio)
- 3 poems at the Nebraska Center for Writers
- Grace Bauer at the Poetry Foundation.
- Audio / video
- Grace Bauer at Amazon.com
- Grace Bauer at Poets & Writers
- Faculty profile at University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Grace Bauer at Nebraska Center for Writers
- September 2009 Interview with Grace Bauer by Lisa Romeo
- April 2007 Review of Beholding Eye by Jason Jones
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. (view article). (view authors).|