Kenneth Herbert Ashley (born 1887) was an English poet, novelist, journalist, and farmer.
He published Up Hill and Down Dale (poetry) and Creighton the Admirable (novel), and wrote for The London Mercury, The Spectator, and The Athenaeum.
Ashley's poem "Rudkin was one who cattle sold" was selected by Leonard Strong as one of the best poems of 1923.
- Up Hill and Down Dale. London: John Lane, 1924.
- Creighton the Admirable. London: John Lane, 1925.
- Death of a Curate. London: John Lane, 1932.
Except where noted, bibliographical information courtesy WorldCat.
- ↑ Elson, William Harris; Mary H. Burris (1924). Child-library readers .... Scott, Foresman. p. 31.
- ↑ Kenneth Herbert Ashley, PRAbook. Web, Feb. 13, 2020.
- ↑ Strong, Leonard (1977). The Best Poems of 1923. Ayer Publishing. p. 23. ISBN 9780836963540.
- ↑ Search results = au:Kenneth H. Ashley, WorldCat, OCLC Online Computer Library Center Inc. Web, Apr. 20, 2014.