Kevin Bailey (born 16 March 1954) is an English poet and the founder of HQ Poetry Magazine.
Bailey was born and grew up at Wallingford, in the County of Berkshire (now in Oxfordshire), England, where he attended the local grammar school. He was later educated at the University of York and University College, Bath.
Originally trained as a psychologist, he is now a self-supporting writer and lives in Swindon, Wiltshire, at the heart of his beloved North Wessex countryside. His poetry and commentaries have appeared in a wide variety of publications.
In 1990 he founded international literary magazine HQ Poetry Magazine, which he still edits and publishes independently. He has been closely involved in the work of London's poetry group Piccadilly Poets and The Live Poet's Society in Bath.
He has had 3 books published. In 2000 he edited (with Lucien Stryk) the classic anthology Contemporary Haiku.
Since 2001 he has co-organised and judged at the annual Poetry on the Lake festival held at Orta San Giulio in Italy. In 2004 he adjudicated the prestigious Sasakawa Prize for Haikai.
- Poems and Translations. Wallingford, UK: Day Dream, 1987. ISBN 1-870294-00-9
- Surviving Love. Bristol, UK: Bluechrome, 2005. ISBN 1-904781-53-5
- Prospero's Mantle. Bristol, UK: Bluechrome, 2006. ISBN 1-904781-78-0
- The Acorn Book of Contemporary Haiku, (edited with Lucien Stryk). Surrey, UK: Acorn, 2000. ISBN 0-9534205-2-3
See also Edit
- ↑ "The University of York - Development and Alumni Relations". www.york.ac.uk. http://www.york.ac.uk/admin/dao/keepintouch/grapev/AlumniInPrint/2006/Kevin_Bailey1986.htm. Retrieved 2010-02-28.
- ↑ Search results = au:Kevin Bailey, WorldCat, OCLC Online Computer Library Center Inc. Web, Apr. 23, 2014.
- Kevin Bailey at Amazon.com
- Picadilly Poets - Guest Poets 27 August 2005
- reviews of Surviving Love and Prospero's Mantle at New Hope International Review.
- Poetry on the Lake festival home page Accessed 27 August 2005
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. (view article). (view authors).|