Linda Louise Bierds (born 1945) is an American poet and academic.
Her books include Flights of the Harvest Mare; The Stillness, the Dancing; Heart and Perimeter; and The Ghost Trio(Henry Holt 1994). Since 1984, her work has appeared regularly in The New Yorker. Her poems are featured in American Alphabets: 25 Contemporary Poets (2006) and many other anthologies.
Bierds has received fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts, the Ingram Merrill Foundation, the Artist Trust Foundation of Washington, the Guggenheim Memorial Foundation, and the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.
- Flights of the Harvest-Mare. Boise, ID: Ahsahta Press, 1985.
- Off the Aleutian chain (chapbook). L'Epervier Press, 1985.
- The Stillness, the Dancing: Poems. New York: Holt, 1988.
- Heart and Perimeter: Poems. New York: Holt, 1991.
- Companions for the Slow Rowing (chapbook). Sea Pen Press & Paper Mill, 1991.
- The Ghost Trio : Poems. New York: Holt, 1994.
- The Profile Makers: Poems. New York: Holt, 1997.
- The Seconds: Poems. New York: Putnam, 2001.
- There. Jim Koss, 2002.
- First hand: Poems. New York: Putnam, 2005.
- Flight: New and selected poems. New York: Putnam, 2008.
- Roget's Illusion. New York: Putnam, 2014.
- Snaring the Flightless Birds: The legends of Maui (chapbook). Olean, NY: Allegany Mountain Press, 1982.
- Linda Bierds at Poetry Out Loud ("Ultima Thule," "Windows")
- Linda Bierds profile and 6 poems at the Academy of American Poets.
- Linda Bierds b. 1945 at the Poetry Foundation
- Linda Bierds at Amazon.com
- Linda Bierds at the Bainbridge Public Library
- "On Linda Bierds" Octopus Magazine, Jeff Encke
- Linda Bierds at Blackbird
- "Lyric and Narrative", The Atlantic, Sarah Cohen
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. (view article). (view authors).|