Ouyang Yu (born 1955) is a contemporary Chinese-Australian poet, translator, and academic.
Yu was born in the People's Republic of China, arriving in Australia in 1991 to study for a Ph.D. at La Trobe University (which he earneed in 1995.)
His literary output has been prodigious. Apart from several collections of poetry and a novel he has translated authors as diverse as Christina Stead, Xavier Herbert, Germaine Greer and
David Malouf among others. He also edits Otherland, which is a bilingual English-Chinese literary journal.
- Moon over Melbourne: Poems. Melbourne: Upper Ferntree Gully, Vic: Papyrus, 1995. ISBN 1-875934-04-9
- Songs of the Last Chinese Poet Broadway, NSW: Wild Peony, 1997. ISBN 0-9586526-4-3
- Mo’erben Zhi Xia. Chongqing, China: Chonging chu ban she, 1998.
- Listening to. Sydney: NS, 2000.
- B xi lie. Kingsbury, Victoria: Aodaliya “Yuanxiang” za zhi bian ji bu, 2001.
- Two Hearts, Two Tongues and Rain-Coloured Eyes. Broadway, NSW: Wild Peony, 2002.
- Wo Cao. Kingsbury, Vic: Otherland, 2003.
- Foreign Matter. Kingsbury, Vic: Otherland, 2003.
- Xian Du. Kingsbury, Vic: Otherland, 2004.
- New and Selected Poems. Applecross, WA, & Cambridge, UK: Salt, 2004. ISBN 1-876857-35-8
- Loving: The best of both words. Kingsbury, Vic: privately published, 2005.
- Er Du Piao Liu. Kingsbury, Victoria: Otherland, 2005.
- Listening To. Sydney: Vagabond Press, 2006.
- Reality Dreams. Warner’s Bay, NSW: Picaro Press, 2007.
- What Can Poetry Do about This?, and other poems. Cardiff, NSW: Picaro Press, 2012.
- Self Translation. Melbourne: Transit Lodge, 2012.
- Bilingual Love: Poems from 1975 to 2008. . Cardiff, NSW: Picaro Press, 2012.
- Fainting with Freedom. Parkville Vic: 5 Islands Press, 2015.
- The Eastern Slope Chronicle. Blackheath, NSW: Brandl & Schlesinger, 2002. ISBN 1-876040-42-4
- The English Class. Yarraville, Vic: Transit Lounge, 2010.
- Loose: A wild history. Kent Town, SA: Wakefield Press, 2011.
- Diary of a Naked Official. Melbourne: Transit Lounge, 2014.
- The Kingsbury Tales: A novel. Blackheath, NSW: Brandl & Schlesinger, 2008.
- The Kingsbury Tales: A complete collection. Melbourne: Otherland, 2012.
- Representations of Australia and Australians in China and Hong Kong, 1985-1995. Nathan, Qld: Centre for the Study of Australia-Asia Relations, 1998.
- Bias: Offensively Chinese/Australian: A collection of essays on China and Australia. Melbourne: Overland, 2007.
- Chinese in Australian Fiction, 1888-1988. Amherst, NY: Cambria Press, 2008.
- On the Smell of an Oily Rag: Speaking English, thinking Chinese, and living Australian. Kent Town, SA: Wakefield Press, 2008. ISBN 9781862547650
- Beyond the Yellow Pale: Essays and criticism. Melbourne: Otherland, 2010.
- In Your Face: Contemporary Chinese poetry in English translation. Victoria, Australia: Otherland Literary Journal, 2002.
- Poems of Shu Cai, Yi Sha & Yang Xie. Newtown, NSW: Vagabond Press, 2012.
- Breaking New Sky: Contemporary poetry from China. Parkville, Vic: 5 Islands Press, 2013.
Except where noted, bibliographical information courtesy WorldCat.