Peter Louis Bladen, (1922 - 2001) was an Australian poet.
Bladen was born at Perth, and educated at the University of Western Australia and the University of Melbourne. He travelled extensively through Australia, working in the 1960s as a journalist and writer, including writing for The Mavis Bramston Show.
Bladen's first book, The Old Ladies at Newington, won the Commonwealth Jubilee Literary Prize.
- Selected Poems (as "L. Bladen"). privately printed by Paterson Press, 1945.
- The Old Ladies at Newington. Melbourne: Meanjin Press, 1953.
- Masque for a Modern Minstrel. Sydney: Edwards & Shaw, 1962.
- Island Trilogy: A prelude. Quorn, SA: Acacia Press, 1970.
- Adelaide Sonnets: A biography of the city. Adelaide: Acacia Antiques, 1975.
- revised as Adelaide sonnets: An exhibition of illuminated manuscripts by Frank Caspers, scribe of sonnets by Peter Bladen. Adelaide: Town Hall Gallery, [1994?]
- Requiem for Galea. Adelaide: [Town Hall Gallery?], [1987?]
- Perth Sonnets: A collection of 150 sonnets written to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the city (as "Yusef Peter Bladen"). Kaplica Köy, Northern Cyprus: 1994.
- Millefleurs: The essence of a thousand flowers: A collection of a thousand sonnets composed between 1944 and 1999 (as "Yusef P.L. Bladen-Pryor"). Istanbul, Turkey: Basaran, 1999; C̨anakkale, Turkey: Peace Caravanserai Press, 2000.
- ↑ Peter Bladen, AustLit. Web, May 5, 2014.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "New literary manuscripts for the Scholars’ Centre". Library News (University of Western Australia) (104): 2. July 2002. ISSN 1444-8157. http://www.library.uwa.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/2402/104_jul02.pdf. Retrieved 2009-03-31.
- ↑ [http://library.sl.nsw.gov.au/search~S2/a?Bladen-Pryor%2C+Y.+P.+L.+(Yusuf++Peter+Louis)%2C+1922-&search_code=a Search results = Bladen-Pryor, Y.P.L. State Library of New South Wales. Web, May 5, 2014.
- ↑ Search results = au:Peter Bladen, WorldCat, OCLC Online Computer Library Center Inc. Web, May 5, 2014.
- "Phar Lap"
- Audio / video
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. (view article). (view authors).|