He lives in Berlin, Germany.
He has published numerous works, including articles in Utne Reader. He is openly gay.
His short videos have played in festivals and galleries across Canada and internationally.
He has been a contributing editor for This Magazine, Momus, and Canadian Art online.
His 2015 work, Bright Eyed, is a memoir of his struggles with insomnia.
Vaughan was playwright in residence at Buddies in Bad Times theatre in 1994-1995.
- The InCorrupt Tables (chapbook). Fredericton, NB: Wild East, 1993; Fredericton, NB: Broken Jaw Press, 1995.
- a selection of dazzling scarves: poems. Toronto: ECW Press, 1996.
- To Monsieur Desmoulins: Dear Camille, in response to your last letter before execution : 203 years late (chapbook). Toronto: Tortoiseshell & Black, 1997.
- 96 Tears (in my jeans) (chapbook). Fredericton, NB: Broken Jaw Press, 1997.
- Invisible to Predators: Poems. Toronto: ECW Press, 1999.
- 14 Reasons Not to Eat Potato Chips on Church Street. Maxville, ON: above/ground press, [2000?]
- An Herbal For Men (with Allyson Mitchell; chapbook). Bucky & Fluff Craft Factory. 2002.
- Ruined Stars: Poems. Toronto: ECW Press, 2004.
- Troubled: A memoir in poems and fragments. Toronto: Coach House, 2008.
- Camera, Woman: A play in two parts. Toronto: Coach House, 2000.
- The Monster Trilogy: Plays. Toronto: Coach House, 2003.
- A Quilted Heart: A novel. Toronto: Insomniac Press, 1998.
- Spells: A novel. Toronto: ECW Press, 2003.
- William Forrestali's (Muted) Cornucopia (art catalogue). Halifax, NS: Studio 21, 1992.
- Symbiosis: The clinic (art catalogue). Symbiosis Collective, 1995.
- Restless Requiem: Catherine Hale's seductive altars (art catalogue). Fredericton, NB: Art Centre / University of New Brunswick Press, 1998.
- Compared to Hitler: Selected essays. Barrie, ON: Tightrope Books,2013.
- Bright Eyed: Insomnia and its cultures. Toronto: Coach House, 2015.
Anthology information courtesy RM Vaughan.
- Shout and Speak Out Loud. Wild East, 1993.
- Expressions. Expressions Press, 1993.
- Beyond Bad Times. Snow Apple Press, 1993.
- Plush. Toronto: Coach House, 1995; Toronto: ECW Press, 2000.
- Blues and True Concussions: 6 new poets. Toronto: Anansi, 1996.
- Carnival: A Scream in High Park reader. Insomniac Press, 1996.
- Gay Love Poetry. UK: Robinson Publishing, 1997.
- Written in the Skin. Insomniac Press, 1998.
- Coastlines: Atlantic Canadian poetry. Fredericton, NB: Goose Lane Editions, 2002.
- Geeks, Misfits, and Outlaws. McGilligan Press, 2003.
- Common Sky: Canadian writers against the war. Three Squares Press, 2003.
- Desire, Doom, and Vice. Wingate Press, 2005.
- Seminal: Canadian gay male poetry. Vancouver: Arsenal Pulp Press, 2007.
- Carnal Nation. Vancouver: Arsenal Pulp Press, 2000.
- The Journey Prize Anthology, 2000. Toronto: McClelland & Stewart, 2000.
- The Notebooks. Toronto: Random House, 2002.
- Victory Meat: New fiction from Atlantic Canada. Toronto: Random House, 2003.
- Toronto Noir. Akashic Books, 2008.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 About RM Vaughan, RM Vaughan. Web, June 2, 2019.
- ↑ R. M. Vaughan (March/April 2007). "Cairo's Man Show". Utne Reader. Archived from the original on 2010-12-25. http://www.utne.com/issues/2007_140/gleanings/12476-1.html. Retrieved 2007-07-17.
- ↑ "RM Vaughan tries to keep Bright Eyed in new book". Daily Xtra, May 14, 2015.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Books, RM Vaugan. Web, Apr. 4, 2015.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 R.M. Vaughan: Publications, Canadian Poetry Online, University of Toronto Libraries, UToronto.ca, Web, July 6, 2012.
- ↑ Search results = au:R M Vaughan, WorldCat, OCLC Online Computer Library Center Inc. Web, Apr. 4, 2015.
- RM Vaughan at Amazon.ca
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. (view article). (view authors).|