January 15, 1969 (1969-01-15)|
Seattle, Washington, United States
|Occupation||Poet, vocalist, film director, actor|
|Genres||Poetry, prison literature|
|Literary movement||Punk literature|
In 1991, he published his 1st written work: a chapbook of poetry titled "End Of The World Graffiti". Three years later, in 1995, he appeared in a Seattle independent film titled The Year Of My Japanese Cousin.
In 1996, Butcher was arrested and convicted for 1st-degree robbery and sentenced to 8 years in prison. During his sentence, he wrote the poems that would make up Stone Hotel, along with numerous screenplays and other currently unpublished works. He was released on March 17, 2003.Clamor identified Stone Hotel as among CrimethInc.'s best work, calling it a "great start" for Butcher and "commendable in many ways". In the early summer of 2005 Butcher lived in Cuernavaca.
In January 2008, Scissor Press released an album titled Pale & Skinny: 1986–1992, consisting of ten songs Butcher sang with his punk rock group Pale & Skinny (which he formed when he was a teenager). Aside from writing and music, Butcher is also interested in film directing. Raegan Butcher has two companies, PNS Productions and Butcher Films, which is currently producing a film titled Gone Shooting.
- End of the World Graffiti (chapbook). Seattle, WA: Boring Books, 1991.
- Stone Hotel: Poems from prison. Olympia, WA: CrimethInc., 2003.
- Rusty String Quartet: Poems. Olympia, WA: CrimethInc., 2005.
- Pale and Skinny: 1986-1992 (2008)
- The Year of My Japanese Cousin
- Gone Shooting (forthcoming, TBA)
- Raegan Butcher, Goodreads, Web, Jan. 19, 2012.
- Stone Hotel at CrimethInc.com. Retrieved January 20, 2008.
- Raegan Butcher at the Internet Movie Database
- Clamor issue 21, July/August 2003. Retrieved 2008-01-20.
- Butcher Films official Myspace page
- Reagan Butcher official Myspace Page
- Butcher, Raegan (2005). Rusty String Quartet. CrimethInc. Workers Collective. ISBN 978-0-9709101-5-8.
- Search results = au:Raegan Butcher, WorldCat, OCLC Online Computer Library Center Inc. Web, June 16, 2013.