Ray Amorosi (born 1946) is an American poet and academic.
Amorosi was born in north Boston in 1946. He earned an M.F.A. in creative writing at the University of Massachusetts. He has taught at the University of Michigan, Michigan State University, Northeastern University, and North Adams State College, as well as in high schools across Massachusetts.
His poetry has been published in The American Poetry Review, Michigan Quarterly Review, Poetry, Field, Crazyhorse, Ploughshares, Prairie Schooner, Kayak, The Journal, Antioch Review, The Iowa Review, Seneca Review, and Willow Springs.
He lives in Marshfield, Massachusetts.
- A Generous Wall: Poems. Amherst, MA: Lynx House Press, 1976.
- Flim Flam. Amherst, MA: Lynx House Press, 1980.
- In Praise: Poems. Sandpoint, ID: Lost Horse Press, 2009.
- Gnawing on a Thin Man. Spokane, WA: Acme Poem / Willow Springs, 2012.
- Lazarus: Poems. Sandpoint, ID: Lost Horse Press, 2013.
- Ray Amorosi at Amazon.com
- Lazarus at Lost Horse Press
|Original Penny's Poetry Pages article, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0.|
- This is a signed article by User:George Dance. It may be edited for spelling errors or typos, but not for substantive content except by its author. If you have created a user name and verified your identity, provided you have set forth your credentials on your user page, you can add comments to the bottom of this article as peer review.