Richard James Allen (born 1960) is a contemporary Australian poet, dancer, and filmmaker.
The former Artistic Director of the Poets Union Inc, and founding director of the Australian Poetry Festival, Richard Allen was Co-Artistic Director with Karen Pearlman of That Was Fast (New York City) and Tasdance (Launceston), and now at The Physical TV Company (Sydney).
Richard James Allen recently published his ninth book, The Kamikaze Mind, and received the 2006 University of Technology, Sydney Chancellor's Award for Best Ph.D. Thesis. A multi-award-winning film adaptation of his previous book, the Kenneth Slessor Prize for Poetry-nominated Thursday's Fictions, has also been produced. This surreal dance fantasy also has a Second Life presence, Thursday's Fictions in Second Life.
- The Way Out at Last, and other poems. Sydney: Hale & Iremonger, 1986.
- To the Ocean, and Scheherazade. Sydney: Hale & Iremonger, 1989.
- Hope for a Man Named Jimmie, and, Grand Illusion Joe. Wollongong, NSW: Five Islands Press, 1993.
- What To Name Your Baby. Brooklyn, NSW: Paper Bark Press, 1995.
- The Air Dolphin Brigade. Brooklyn, NSW: Paper Bark Press, 1995.
- New Life on the 2nd Floor (by Richard James Allen & Karen Pearlman). Launceston, Tas: Tasdance, 1996.
- Thursday's Fictions. Wollongong, NSW: Five Islands Press, 1999.
- The Kamikaze Mind (verse novel}. Sydney: Brandl & Schlesinger, 2006.
- Performing the Unnameable: An anthology of Australian performance texts (edited with Karen Perlman). Sydney: Currency Press / RealTime, 1999.
- The Kamikaze Mind
- Performing The Unnameable: An Anthology of Australian Performance Texts
- Out Of The Labyrinth Of The Mind: Manifesting A Spiritual Art Beyond Dualism (Abstract for Doctorate of Creative Arts)
- Audio / video
- The Physical TV Channel on YouTube
- The Physical TV Company Website selected for preservation by Pandora, Australia's Web Archive, at the National Library of Australia
- SPIKE Magazine interview on dance for film and virtual worlds (6 April 2011)
- RealTime interview on mixed reality dance film (Issue #99, October-November 2010)
- ABC Radio National interview on writing for Second Life (The Book Show, 10 October 2007)
- RealTime interview on dance film (Issue #80, August-September 2007)
- RealTime interview on dance and poetry (Issue #10, December-January 1995)
- U: No 04: 26 May - 6 June 2006 – Review by Jaine P Stockler of The Kamikaze Mind
- Jacket (magazine) 33 — July 2007 – "The Exhilaration and Anxiety of Free Fall" – Dr Mark Seton reviews The Kamikaze Mind by Richard James Allen
- Second Life Insider, 18 October 2007 Thursday's Fictions, by Tateru Nino
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. (view article). (view authors).|