Rodney J. Anderson (born April 15, 1935) is a Canadian poet, musician, and chartered accountant.
Anderson was born in Toronto.
He graduated from the University of Toronto in 1956 with a Chemistry degree.
In 1959, he was designated a chartered accountant, and worked for 28 years with the firm of Clarkson, Gordon. He left in 1983 to write full-time.
His poems have been published in the Antigonish Review, Contemporary Verse 2, Cross-Canada Writers' Magazine, DIS-EASE, Fiddlehead, Germination, Grain, Implosion, Matrix, Museletter, Poetry Canada Review, Poetry Toronto, Quarry Magazine, Toronto Life, Toronto Sun, Waves, and Zymergy, and in 3 anthologies: Garden Varieties, The Dry Wells of India, and More Garden Varieties.
He has written 2 opera librettos for the Canadian Opera Company: Dulcitius, performed by the COC ensemble in 1988; and a 3-act opera, Mario and the Magician (with music by Harry Somers), performed at the Elgin Theatre, Toronto, in 1992.
He lives in a century farmhouse in Cobourg, Ontario, with his wife, Merike Lugus. He is a member of the League of Canadian Poets.
In 1988 he won in the poetry category in a competition by Cross-Canada Writers' Quarterly.
- Sky Falling Sunny Tomorrow. Toronto: Wolsak & Wynn, 1989. ISBN 0-919897-16-9
- Dulcitius (Peter Paul Koprowski composer). 1988.
- Mario and the musician: An opera drama in three acts (Harry Somers composer). 1992.
- Analytical Auditing: An outline of the flow chart approach to audits (with R.M. Skinner). Toronto: Pitman, 1966.
- The Green Hills of Mono (with John E Marshall & Mrs. Ross McKenzie). Orangeville, ON: Township Council of Mono, 1974.
- The External Audit. (2 volumes), Toronto: Pitman, 1977; Toronto & London: Pitman, 1984. Volume I: Concepts and techniques, Volume II: Organization and procedures
- Dollar-Unit Sampling (with Donald A. Leslie & Albert D. Teitlebaum). Copp Clark, 1979; London: Pittman / San Francisco: Fearon Pittman, 1980.
- R.J. Anderson & Donald A. Leslie, "Discussion of Considerations in Choosing Statistical Sampling Procedures in Auditing." Journal of Accounting Research, Vol. 13; Studies on Statistical Methodology in Auditing (1975), 53–64.
- Greene, Anna Maria (August 2000). "Portrait of an artist". CAmagazine. Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants. http://www.camagazine.com/6/1/8/3/index1.shtml. Retrieved 2007-04-05.
- Canadian Literature, Issue No. 129, Summer, 1991 – Review by Bert Almon of Sky Falling Sunny Tomorrow (review not available online, but see the issue's table of contents at http://www.canlit.ca/archive/archive1959-1999/cl_129.html)
- Sky falling, sunny tomorrow at Amazon.com
- Rod Anderson at the League of Canadian Poets
- RodMer Arts, Rod Anderson & Merike Lugus Official website.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. (view article). (view authors).|