Ansell graduated from Mount Holyoke College in 1985, and Indiana University. Her poems have appeared in the anthologies New Young American Poets (Southern Illinois University, 2000) and The Pushcart Prize XXVI, and in magazines such as The Atlantic Monthly, The New Republic, The Journal, Poetry, Prairie Schooner, and Shenandoah.
She teaches at the University of Rhode Island.
Blackbird: "With admirable economy, the title Jetty announces two significant features of Talvikki Ansel's second book: the liminal vantage-point of the narrators of these poems and the curious ways in which the human world intersects with the natural."
James Dickey: "Ansel's poetry is refreshingly original. She renders the heat, the closeness, the mystery, and the terrible fear of the undisclosed, the lurking, the waiting to happen. This is true imagination, true craft."
- 1996 Yale Series of Younger Poets competition, My Shining Archipelago.
- Glasgow Prize for Emerging Writers, Washington and Lee University, 2001.
- Lannan Foundation resident, Marfa, Spring 2006.
- Stegner Fellowship in Creative Writing, from Stanford University
- Virginia Commission for the Arts Fellowship.
- My Shining Archipelago, New Haven, CT: Yale University Press (Yale Series of Younger Poets), 1997.
- Jetty and other poems. Lincoln, NE: Zoo Press, 2003.
- Somewhere in Space. Columbus, OH: Ohio State University Press, 2015.
- ↑ Talvikki Ansel, MyLife.com. Web, Mar. 8, 2013.
- ↑ Review: Jetty & Other Poems, SUSAN SETTLEMYRE WILLIAMS, Blackbird, Vol3, No.1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 My Shining Archipelago, Yale University Press. Web, Aug. 23, 2015.
- ↑ http://www.lannan.org/lf/bios/detail/talvikki-ansel/
- ↑ Search results = au:Talvikki Ansel, WorldCat, OCLC Online Computer Library Center Inc. Web, Aug. 23, 2015.
- "World", Atlantic Monthly, July/August 2001
- Ansel in Blackbird, Spring 2002: "Bird Calls", "Swallows"
- Talvikki Ansel at the Poetry Foundation.
- Talvikki Ansel in PoemHunter (9 poems)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. (view article). (view authors).|